The following Policies exist to safeguard the wellbeing of our pupils and to ensure that the good name of our School continues to be associated with high quality teaching and the enjoyment of dance.
The School reserves the right to refuse entry to classes if these rules are not complied with. The School reviews and amends its Policies on a regular basis and advises parents and pupils to read this document thoroughly to ensure a clear understanding is gained. Please contact the office if you require more information.
Registration & Payment
- In order for a place to be kept open for your child in our classes, payment is required MONTHLY IN ADVANCE, by Direct Debit or in cash only.
- DD Payment Scheme – payment will be taken from the account you specify on 31st of every month in respect of the following month, i.e. payment for September’s classes will be taken on August 31st. If you fail to make payment before the month starts, your child will be refused access to our class(es).
Cash Payment Scheme – if you pay in cash, this must be made by the last day of the month for the following month’s classes. Late payers will be automatically moved to the DD Scheme.
- We reserve the right to make changes to these amounts and/or collection date if necessary. In this case, you will be given a minimum of fourteen days notice via email prior to collection.
- Prices are based on 36 weeks worth of classes and pro-rated over 12 months.
- We use GoCardless as our official DD collector. GoCardless is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority as an Authorised Payment Institution. Payments made via DD are covered under The Direct Debit Guarantee.
Once you return this signed agreement confirming you would like to pay via DD, you will receive an email from GoCardless explaining how to proceed with the set up.
- Where we cancel classes for any reason an alternative class will be arranged for your child to attend. If your child is unable to attend the alternative class, no refund will be given.
- If you wish to give up your child’s place at Kandeez, you must give one full month’s payment and written notice.
Failure to pay
- Upon receiving notification from GoCardless of any unpaid, returned or recalled DD payments, we will apply a daily interest charge of 3% from the due date until the full amount due is paid.
- As payments remain the same month after month, Invoices are not issued. Any changes to monthly payments due to children increasing or decreasing the number of classes taken will be confirmed via email.
The School’s emails and letters contain confidential and/or privileged information and are intended for only the person to whom it is addressed. Any unauthorised copying, forwarding, disclosure or distribution of the material contained in emails and its attachment/s is strictly prohibited. All personal information at the School is kept confidential and will not be discussed or shared by the School with any other parent or student.
The School has a duty of care to all children in our classes. For younger students we insist they do not go home without their parent or guardian and will be kept within the classroom with the teacher until collected. Once out of the lesson parents are responsible for their children. Please ensure your children are collected in a timely manner.
Use of Photographic/Filming Equipment
During watch week or at any of our open events, if anyone wishes to photograph or film, they may do so with the permission of the Principal/the teacher present. Please note that on registration, some parents have advised that do not wish their children to be photographed or filmed. If this policy is found to be breached we will ask you to remove all evidence of the photography/filming.
Health and Safety
When registering your child it’s important that we are made aware of any illness or disability that may affect their child during lessons. In the case of minor accidents, first aid will be administered by a qualified first aider and recorded in the accident book.
The use of Social Media
Please do not We ask that current students who have access to social media do not contact teachers or student teachers direct on their personal pages. We ask that all students contact the School’s email and/or social media page for any questions, helpful tips and advice.
Dancers’ Code of Conduct
We expect all dancers to:
- respect all teaching staff. This includes listening when the teacher is speaking, not talking back, not talking during lessons unless asking a question and applying corrections/trying new suggestions positively, without hesitation.
- treat all other pupils as you would wish to be treated yourself. Support each other, don’t criticise. Encourage your fellow class members and be positive. Bullying in any form will not be tolerated. Also, do not correct other members of your class. You are not the teacher. Concentrate on your own learning and being a better dancer yourself!
- be on time. In fact, be early. Arriving late to class is disruptive and disrespectful.
- be prepared. There are no excuses for coming to class unprepared. If you are unsure of uniform or what is required for class each week, please ask.
- always ask for help if you need it.
- consistently try your best.
- attend class every week unless with good reason. Regular class attendance is key to improving yourself as a dancer. For every class you miss, you effectively put yourself back a week in terms of training. Over time this can have a big impact on your overall standard.
In class you must:
- switch off your phone and hand it to the teacher at the beginning of the class. This will be placed in a secure box and handed back to you at the end of the session.
- wear correct uniform. Please ask your teacher or contact the office for full details.
- wear your hair up out of the face. A ponytail or bun is acceptable.
- remove all jewellery.
- bring a small, non-fizzy drink to keep hydrated. This is for consumption during breaks only.
- not chew gum.