Dancers’ Code of Conduct
The following rules exist to safeguard the wellbeing of our pupils and to ensure that the good name of our school continues to be associated with high quality teaching and the enjoyment of dance.
To ensure this, we expect all dancers to:
- Treat all pupils as you would wish to be treated yourself.
- Respect all teaching staff.
- Always come to class with a positive attitude.
- Never be afraid to ask for help.
- Consistently try your best.
In class please ensure:
- If you have to bring your mobile to class, please ensure it is switched OFF. That doesn’t mean switching it to silent!
- You are wearing correct uniform. Please check with Michelle if you are unsure what you may wear to class.
- You bring a small, non-fizzy drink to keep hydrated – for consumption during breaks only.
- You are not chewing gum.
Terms & Conditions
To ensure the smooth running of the Dance School, parents are required to sign a Payment Agreement as part of the registration process. This ensures everyone agrees and understands the following:
- Invoices are sent via email during the half-term/end of term break. If you do not receive an Invoice, please advise Michelle accordingly. Invoices can also be accessed on the Invoice page of this website.
- Invoices are to be settled in full no later than the second Saturday of the new half-term. Fees paid after this time will be classed as late and therefore subject to a Late Fee of £1 per week thereafter.
- Dancers wishing to give up their place at Kandeez must give one full half-term’s notice and payment.
- We cannot be held responsible for classes being cancelled due to extreme circumstances (i.e. severe weather conditions). In this case, an alternative class will be arranged where possible.
- If you are unable to attend a rescheduled class for any reason, no refunds will be given.
- If we are unable to reschedule a class, a discount will be applied to the following half-term’s Invoice.